From:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 15:03:00 -0600
Reed Munson wrote:

> In today's Minneapolis Star Tribune hockey blurb a strange rumor was discussed
> regarding the future of coach Sauer at Wisconsin. The article claimed that a
> rumor to the effect that Sauer would step down or be fired after this season
> and Wisconsin would bring in Maine's suspended coach Walsh.
>
> Is this an idiotic rumor or what?

I would suspect that, since it is an almost-annual rumor that Sauer will be
non-renewed/fired/removed as head coach at Wisconsin and, given the state of Maine's hockey
situation, the scenario that Walsh would be hired by Wisconsin would seem to be tailor-made for
the season of '95-'96.

Just more speculation to add to the rumor grist mill.

Debbie

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."