From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 22:47:52 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>passes that Brian is referring to.  The Engineers' Chris Maye had teammate
>Jeff O'Connor wide open at the top of the slot, but the pass was bouncing
>and O'Connor whiffed on the one-timer.  Geoff Lopatka picked up the loose
>puck and took off the other way with Chartrand, feeding him in front of the
>net for the backhander through goalie Mike Tamburro's legs.

I thought that this one was a soft goal, there was hardly any speed on
Chartrand's shot, and it basically trickled between the legs.

>RPI's tying goal, 1:23 before the first intermission, was set up by a
>Cornell mistake.  Chad Wilson deflected a pass at his own blue line, and as
>he was going for the loose puck, Andre Doll ran into him.  With both
>Cornell players down, Bryan Richardson was free to take the puck and set up
>Tim Regan for the tap-in.

Actually, and this seems weird and makes me wonder if I'm the only one
that saw this, but Richardson actually was in the collision with Wilson
and Doll.  The man that was free to take the puck and dish it to Regan
was Jeff O'Connor.
I say this because this is the 10th time I've heard that Richardson made
the pass to Regan for the goal.  But the primary assist was O'Connor's.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *
* Check out the WRPI Sports Web Pages on:                                   *
*           http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/wrpispts.html                        *