From:
Thomas Ormsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Ormsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 12:33:34 -0400
If the Clarkson chant must change I would suggest LET'S GO KNIGHTS, but I
don't recommend the change.

I spent my four years at Clarkson trying to convince people that the chant
should be changed.  As a Management and History double major (As non-technical
as you can get), I believed that the LET'S GO TECH chant did not represent
Clarkson's university status or the diversity of its student body.  In fact,
if things have held true since I graduated, most of the hockey players
themselves are non-tech majors.

But, the two things I did learn at CU are to keep an open mind and that
College Hockey is full of TRADITION and HISTORY.  I have come to the
conclusion that this chant is not meant to misrepresents the school or its
students, it is one that reminds us of their beginnings.

It is the traditional chants like LET'S GO TECH (and "The Ref Beats His
Wife":-) that make it fun to attend College Hockey.

Tom Ormsby
CU '93