From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 06:53:15 EST
Geoff Howell posted the following distribution of ECAC hockey
players by country of origin:

> ECAC
>        US/Can/Other
> Br     15/15/3
> Cla    11/14/3
> Col    12/15/0
> Cor     8/20/1
> Dar    16/12/0
> Har    17/9/0
> Pri    13/13/0
> RPI    18/10/0
> SLU     8/18/0
> Un      4/24/0
> Ver    17/8/2
> Ya     17/13/1
>
> Totals 156/171/7

Little would I have thought when I attended RPI in the late 60s and early
70s that I would ever see the day when RPI had more Americans on their
roster than any other ECAC team.  Several of the years that I was at RPI,
the roster was entirely from Canada, and more than one or two Americans
was unheard of.

I guess that the numbers above would change a bit if current rosters
were used.  I believe the numbers are 15/10/0 now.  (By the way, this
eliminates the only ECAC players from Nebraska and North Dakota.)

P.S.  I am not expressing any opinion as to whether I condone or am
against this trend.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74