From:
Thomas Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 11:57:08 -0500
Sean Picket wrote:

"CC could stop scheduling Air Force and replace the game(s) with ones against
stronger opponents to get a better SoS.  I hope that they do not, as it is
both a local rivalry and good for college hockey. "

I agree.  Also, who is to say that Air Force cannot become a stronger power?
You know, maybe one way around this is to have a system that uses the entire
year's strength of schedule right from the start.  That is, we already know
who is playing whom right through to the playoffs.  Therefore, you can use not
only past games for SOS, but you can also include the current strength of
future opponents.  In that way you avoid the drastic fluxuations early in the
year of playing weak opponents.  I don't know how much more work that would
be, though.

Tom Rowe                                 Internet:  [log in to unmask]

Department of Psychology                 ***********************************
U. of Wisconsin - Stevens Point          Home of Division III National
     Go Point!                           Champions '89, '90, '91, & '93