From:
"John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John R. Nash
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 14:24:42 -0600
>Date:    Sat, 25 Nov 1995 23:10:39 -0500
>From:    Kenneth Michael Baker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Michigan:  UNNECESSARY Roughness
>
>The Botterill game disqualification on Friday night according to Head
>Coach Red Berenson (from Saturday's Ann Arbor News) was a terrible call
>because Botterill had not thrown one punch and was forced to get involved
>in a fight disproving a point made in a response by Eeyore.

I'm afraid that Coach Berenson is clearly wrong.  From my vantage point,
Botterill clearly threw at least one punch.  I remember turning to the
person next to me and saying "if they enforce the rule correctly, he's
DQ'd."  I didn't see Strobel throw a punch, but wouldn't be surprised if he
did.

Here's my big question from the tournament: did anyone here see the phantom
Gopher goal vs. MSU?  You know, the one that I didn't see (from behind the
goal in sect 208), the goal judge didn't see, and the replay didn't see,
but the ref on the opposite side apparently saw.  Since that call had a
major impact on the game, I'd be interested to know if anyone in the arena
other than the ref saw it.

Another rough weekend for Bucky... they were overmatched by both opponents,
but I thought they had a real chance vs. MSU.  If they had kept their cool
a bit more against MSU's cheap shots, I think they could have survived that
pivotal second period.

Back to the friendly confines of the Dane and a relatively weaker opponent
(MTU) next week.  The rough stuff will still be thrown at them, I'm
sure....

Drop the puck!

-==-John R. [log in to unmask] Chem. Dept-==-
                 --- "When in doubt, roll!" ---