From:
"Biggar,Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Biggar,Scott
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 07:02:43 PST
An interesting comment was made during a weekly RIT radio show that
 recaps the week in all of RIT's sports.  They were talking about how
 well the RIT cross country team was doing this year and thinking about
 taking that team DI.  But the Cross Country coach warned that he had
 heard that the NCAA was considering changing the rules within the next
 2 years.  The new rule would require that if a school moves one sport
 up to Div I, all varsity school sports must go Div I.  This seems like
 a drastic rules change to me.  One that will dissuade many smaller
 schools from trying to move up some of their programs.

Hopefully, this is just a rumor.  Or at worst case something that is
 simply under consideration by the NCAA, but not cast in stone yet.
 This would be a serious blow to the aspirations of many DIII schools
 that someday hope to join the Big Show.

Scott Biggar                    RIT '89
[log in to unmask]       UR '94