From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 22:48:03 -0600
Carol wrote:
>The Tech arena does have the capability for TV, the REAL reason
>is that MSC went up there several years ago and then got stranded
>when they couldn't get out due to heavy snow. They have to truck
>in all that TV equipment, and it gets expensive I guess.
>
>When I saw Frank Mazzocco at one of the Gopher scrimmages, I told
>him that MSC was a bunch of WIMPS if they couldn't go up there in
>mid-October!!!!

I think MSC might have been more likely to venture to make the trip in
October if the Saturday game hadn't conflicted with their broadcast of the
football Gophers' homecoming game against Northwestern.

Personally, of course (having gone up there myself last weekend...), I
don't understand these priorities.  :-).  Heck, former Gopher quarterback
and cheerleader John and Bonnie Hankinson skipped the homecoming to go up
to Tech!
:-)  :-)  :-)  (To let the rest of you in on the joke, their son Casey was
starting at forward for the hockey Gophers last weekend.)

However, I'm sure MSC would have come up anyway had they known that Mother
Nature would be kind enough to redecorate the Keweenaw in lovely maroon and
gold to make us feel welcome.  Or if they'd known hockey-l'er Bob Gilreath
would serve them beer on his deck in the 75-degree weather Thursday night
and give them a tour of the penninsula Friday.  Well, I'm sure glad *I*
went!  (Thanks again, Bob!)

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!
Nastier, Bigger, Faster in '95-'96!