From:
"Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 15:31:35 -0400
Hello folks,
Terry Kasden writes that Illinois will play vs D-1 Ill/Chicago ???

Is that Ill/Chicago jv team
  or Ill/chicago Freshman team ???

If Ill/chicago D-1 puts their best squad on the ice
for this game vs Illinois (club) then the result
will be at least a ten goal margin.  Terry, I know
you are proud of club hockey but the club teams beating
a true D-1 CCHA full varsity team - sorry I can't see it.

I'm not going to get into this debate, which was hashed
out this summer, but my 2 cents and common sense says
that there's a HUGE difference between NCAA D-1
(especially CCHA) and club hockey.

Make sure you check the roster on that ame to see
exactly who played who.

Brian Cavanaugh
Head Coach
Canisius College