From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 15:51:36 EST
Question:  Michigan State puts the puck in the net 4 times and Maine
only three.  All goals were legal.  Who wins?   (Answer: Maine).

Back in Maine's Division II days, Maine did this to themselves (a
slap-shot into their own net).  I don't recall seeing such a thing,
though, for several years.  In defense of MSU's Smith, the replay did
make it seem likely that another MSU stick deflected the puck, at
least upwards. ;-)

Unrelated comment:  The assist by Kariya on the Wansborough goal was a
thing of beauty, similar in some respects to a pass he make to Clukey
in Maine's Blue-White game.  As a friend of mine said earlier today,
"It was a pass like those we were often priviledged to see from Saint
Paul".

It's great to have the season at hand,

Wayne Smith        [log in to unmask]
Co-owner: The College Hockey mailing lists Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L/Hockey3
University of Maine System