From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 15:18:52 -0400
On Oct 10,  1:13pm, paul thalacker wrote:
> Subject: Reusse article
> The following article was written by Patrick Reusse, columnist for the
> Minneapolis Star-Tribune, on August 13.  I cut it out and saved it
> because I thought it would be interesting reading for hockey-lers.  The
> column provides a very objective and accurate assessment of the Gopher hockey
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> program and the tremendous recruiting advantage they have over all other
> schools.  This non-biased assessment is very refreshing considering most
                 ^^^^^^^^^^
>-- End of excerpt from paul thalacker

I don't think this article is either objective or non-biased.  It does,
however, stand in direct opposition to the infamous Tom Powers article
of last year.  And in my objective, non-biased opinion, they both
represent about the same level of journalism.

Personally, I think it's admirable of the Gophers to recruit only in-state.
They've been very successful at this and I can understand how that makes
their fans proud.  But they are able to do it because of their unique
situation which, I might add, is not shared by any other team in Div. I.
IMHO, if other teams choose not to follow their lead, Gopher fans should
accept that without complaint.

Just my $.02.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                National Champs 88 92 94