From:
"Barkan, Jon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barkan, Jon
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 09:48:00 PDT
 ----------
From: Barkan, Jon
To: 'HOCKEY-L'
Subject: HOWDY ALL
Date: Sunday, October 01, 1995 12:21AM

Hello you crazy Hockey-Lers....

I have had the opportunity to meet many of you though the years, but for
those of you who have never been to a Final Four, my name is Jon Barkan and
I'm a Northeastern alum......I have been throwing a tiny little party at the
Final Four for the last seven years known as the BARKAN BASH....and will be
doing it again in Cincinnati (place and time TBA).

I work for USA TODAY in the Information Network......my colleagues Steve
Klein (former editor of the Lansing State Journal) and Cindy Paavola (former
sports information director at Western Michigan) are putting together
College Hockey pages for the USA TODAY Web Site......The pages will be up in
about a week or so and we can be found at www.usatoday.com. I would like all
of you college hockey faithful to look at them and be as critical as can
be.....tell us what we can do to make the pages better....no matter what it
is, we're open to all suggestions...we want to make these pages as special
to you as Hockey-L is. The three of us care very much about college hockey
and we want to help make the sport more popular than it is already. We want
to try and make the greatest collegiate sport even better and more well
known...please help us do that by spreading the word...

You can send all of your comments, questions, concern or simple hellos to
[log in to unmask] or to [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your cooperation and concern for our sport.

Remember, as my pal Jack Parker once said to me, "Hockey is a slippery game,
played on ice!!!!"

LET'S GO HUSKIES AND THE HOBIE FOR DOBIE (Dan McGillis' nickname, NU Def).
JB