From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 11:13:22 -0400
Since moving back from North Carolina in 1983 I have enjoyed watching more
college hockey games.  I have especially enjoyed some exciting ECAC
championships in the Boston Garden. I have not enjoyed the many stairs, the
confusing stairway configurations and obstructed views but the old building
did give a feeling of excitment to a game.

As a ST. Lawrence fan my best memories in the Garden are SLU related.  As a
student at SLU in the mid-70's I saw only one ECAC Tournament game (a
quarterfinal lost at Cornell in 1974).  From there our seasons seem to go
from bad to worse.  In my 4 years I never got to see SLU beat Clarkson, our
arch rivals.

Top Garden Moments:
#1 - Watching the SLU hockey team skate around the Garden ice with the ECAC
trophy in 1988.  To add to the thrill of the ECAC championship was the fact
that it was the first time I SAW SLU beat Clarkson.  SLU would repeat in 1989
as ECAC Champion but the first time remains special.  I can hear the lone
trumpeter playing "When the Saints Go Marching In" now.

#2 - The entire ECAC tournament in 1992.  In their semifinal game SLU beat RPI
(6-5) in double overtime and if my memory doesn't fail me it didn't end until
around midnight because the first semifinal went into double overtime too.  Two
exciting games in one night.  Then to top it off they went on the win the
championship on the following night.

Sara
SLU '77