From:
Chuck Sackett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Sackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 11:55:00 C
On 9/27, Aaron wrote:

>    I am from the Midwest, Minnesota to be more specific and I believe we
>have one of the best stations for covering sports not only pro, but
>college. Last year, Midwest Sports Channel played over 90% of the Gopher
>Hockey games including tournaments and other special games.

That's all fine if you're a Gopher fan, but I sure would like to see a wider
coverage of WCHA and CCHA games (as a start) instead of Gopher game after
Gopher game.  For some reason, the WCHA has talked about a TV contract for
several years now, but nothing ever seems to happen.  It was a primary goal
when Otto Breitenbach was commissioner, but seems to have fallen off the
shelf since.

>Tom Reid and Frank Mazzocco are two of college hockey's best commentators.
>They both know and care a lot about the game which makes watching it ten
>times better.

Agreed, they are knowledgeable.  But boy are they biased.  If the intent of
MSC's Gopher coverage is to cater ONLY to Gopher fans, then I don't have a
problem with it.  Tough luck for me.  But if *Midwest* Sports Channel is
indeed meant to be a regional network, then please lose these guys.  I'd
enjoy the telecasts a lot more with some objective announcers.

Chuck