From:
glenn auerbach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
glenn auerbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 11:51:35 EST
John Haussler writes:

"The annoyance is being at a game that is televised.  The game takes
30-45 minutes longer to play, and the flow of the game is often
ruined due to television breaks."

I wholeheartedly agree with John on this point.  The game is so much more
enjoyable to watch without 3 or 4 prolonged stoppages in play each period.
There's nothing like watching your team regain the momentum in a game, draw a
penalty on the other team, then sit for 60-90 seconds during a commercial break.
 The momentum is lost, the other team rests their best defensive players, etc.
Don't get me wrong - it goes both ways.  But I'd rather see the game develop
naturally instead of being influenced by the TV breaks.

This actually brings up one of my biggest pet peeves (maybe someone in the
business can clue me in on this one).  PASS used to tape games at Michigan and
then show them tape-delayed the next day or the next week.  But they still
stopped the game for commercial breaks!  Couldn't they just edit the commercials
in later instead of making the players and fans wait around 4 times a period?
That still drives me crazy and they don't even do the games anymore.  :-)

Glenn Auerbach
Michigan '88-?