From:
Tim Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 14:03:48 -0500
Dear Hockey Geeks:

I have hijacked Mr. Hall's computer temporarily,  due to the fact that
everyone at Lake State and around the college hockey world seems to have
all the answers,  but none of the questions.

OK.  Here's the story.  Lake Superior State has switched home games with
Michigan State.  The Lakers play at MSU on October 26.  LSSU returns to
open the Taffy Abel Arena against UAF on October 28.  MSU's home game on
Feb. 16 is now LSSU's.  It has been moved to Joe Louis Arena as part of
"College Hockey Weekend".  MSU and UM will play on Saturday night while
LSSU heads to lovely Big Rapids to play the Bulldogs (sorry that's not a
big enough game,  Ted).

As to the arrangement with Joe Louis (per J. Stephens post):  Mr. Ilitch
has provided the final financial push to complete a 5.3 million dollar
project.  No,  Lake State doesn't get a few free pizzas in return.
There's quite a bit more involved.  Yes,  Lake State moves one home game
a year to JLA.  It will be Michigan or MSU (in most instances).  Yes,
it's one less game on our home schedule.  However (Chuck Cliff),  if the
money and assistance provided by Mr. Ilitch helps us to bring the likes
of Maine,  Minnesota,  BU or so forth into the Abel Arena (with increased
seating,  we can offer better guarantees),  then perhaps that helps to
offset the loss of the UM or MSU game.  In the mean time,  LSSU gets to
promote itself in Detroit (where a large percentage of its student body
comes from).   There is much more detail involved in the arrangement and
it's certainly a win-win for both parties.  No,  it's not Jerry Jones and
Nike.  No,  we aren't screwing our season-ticket holders.  No,  it
doesn't mean LSSU alums get faster home delivery of Pizza.

I hope that clears a little up for everyone.  Mr. Hall is threatening me
now,  so I'm going back to my smoky little office in the Norris Center
(next to the Taffy Abel Arena--the one Mr. Ilitch helped us finish).  My
new gear has arrived,  so I'll be out of cyberprison in about a week.
Anyone who has an urgent question can call me at (906) 635-2601,  or
E-Mail Tim or Mark Jastorff.

See you at the Joe!

Mono