From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 13:01:43 -0400
On Sep 19, 12:16pm, Ted Halm wrote:
> Subject: JLA gem of the south
> If I were a Lake Superior fan and long time season ticket holder, I
> would be very disappointed that Michigan or Michigan State would be off
> my home schedule each year.  I know if this happened at Ferris, we would
> be losing one of the best events of the year on campus.
>-- End of excerpt from Ted Halm

I'm sure that's true for some LSSU fans.  However, speaking as a fan
living in metro Detroit, I really appreciate this opportunity.  Normally,
to see the Lakers play UM or MSU in the lower peninsula, I would
have to deal with problem seating in Ann Arbor or scarcity of tickets in
either Ann Arbor or East Lansing.  There will surely be plenty of
tickets at the JLA and not a bad seat in the house (outside the Olympia room).

Also, this does not mean there won't be an LSSU/MSU game in the Soo this
year.  My schedule tells me MSU plays there on 10/28.  And I'm confident
similar considerations will be taken in future years.

Finally, when examining the deal between Olympia and LSSU, I think we should
look beyond $'s and concessions.  This offers LSSU another opportunity
to get exposure in the Detroit area from which they recruit heavily.  And
they need all the help they can get considering the competition (UM and MSU)
has an overwhelming presence here.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                National Champs 88 92 94