From:
"Jason B. Cote" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason B. Cote
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 1995 12:06:35 -0400
On Fri, 15 Sep 1995, Luiz F. Valente wrote:

> >Posted on 15 Sep 1995 at 15:04:18 by Jason B. Cote
> >
> >Can anyone name four UVM grads who have skated more than one game in the NHL?
> >Bonus: name their teams
>
> In addition to the names mentioned by Geoff Howell, I'd like to add
> goaltender David Reece (Boston Bruins). He was the goaltender Bowdoin
> College (my Alma Mater) beat for the first of its six ECAC tournament
> titles in 1971.
>
> Bowdoin had finished at the top of the regular season standings of
> what was then called ECAC Division II for three years, but hadn't been
> allowed to participate in the tournament in 1969, due to NESCAC
> rules, and had been defeated by David Reece and Vermont in the 1970
> tournament final.
>
> Reece, a two-time All-American, was a superb college goaltender, who
> didn't do too well in the pros.
>
> Luiz F. Valente

The correct answers are:
        John LeClair (Philadelphia, Montreal)
        Tom Draper (Winnipeg, Buffalo, NY Islanders)
        Aaron Miller (Quebec)
                AND
        Dave Reece (Boston)

        This week's question:

        What former RPI star played for the Bruins and the Caps?

        Bonus: Which Boston Bruin Defenseman went to Harvard?

Extra Bonus:"Somebody do me a favor and break this guy's arm."
                Who did Don Cherry mean by "this guy"?