From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 11:52:15 -0400
On Sep 15, 11:11am, Bradley Carlson wrote:
> Subject: Re: Arena Capacities
> The Capacity at Yost Is 7,235.  Student tickets went on sale this last
> Monday and according to the Michigan Daily they set a new record.
> Approximately 1,800 students requested tickets compared to just over
> 1,200 last year.  They say that they will expand the student section
> to accomodate all of those requests.  In order to do this the only seats
> available for single game sales will probably be on either end or back in
> the corners.

For someone who only occasionally attends games at Yost, this is bad news
indeed.  I've been there and "sat" in the end sections and back in the
corners.  The ends are passable but the corners are not.  Usually you
don't sit in those sections, you stand, often times behing a pole.  To
all you Michigan fans out there, I realize there is a lot of history
associated with Yost Arena, but do you think the university will ever
consider building a new ice arena?  With the strength of the program
and the size of the institution, I think it would be justified.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                National Champs 88 92 94