From:
Rick Newhall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 22:49:28 -0400
The Hartford Courant (CT) had an article this past Sunday on the Hartford
Whalers training camp.  One of the defensemen trying out is Brian Mueller.
 Having gone to Clarkson, I'm interested in a little more background on him.

I am a huge Whalers fan (I know, condolences not needed), and I'm really
excited to see someone that I watched a couple of years ago as a freshman and
sophomore.  Though my wife is from the Potsdam area, I haven't seen a
Clarkson game in two years.

He is listed at 5-11, 235 pounds (the heaviest one in camp).  Is this really
accurate?  I didn't think he was that big.  I have heard that he looked a
little out of shape too.  There's been a lot of talk in the paper about his
future probably being in Springfield for the short term (Whalers AHL Team is
the Springfield Falcons).  Luckily, I live about 30 minutes from both arenas,
so I should get to watch him "blossom".  Here's hoping.

I was also wondering if anyone knew anything else about other Clarkson
graduates / attendees (Steve Dubinsky, Scott Thomas, Craig Conroy, Marko
Tuomanen, Martin D'Orsenns (my spelling stinks), Mark Green).  I graduated a
couple of years ago, most of these guys are in the minors, with the exception
of Dubinsky.  I know Martin was also drafted by the Whalers (as was goalie
Jason Currie), but he was down in the ECHL or something.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Rick Newhall
[log in to unmask]   (don't ask - it's a long childhood story)
Clarkson '93