From:
Dick Tuthill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 18:10:12 EDT
        Hey this is an acceptable dog days of summer topic!   I'm sure that
there have been a lot of hockey players who played a second sport in college.
Didn't Maine have one who was released by the baseball team shortly before
the NCAA's?

        Of course the one I'm most familiar with is David Emma of BC.   I
remember thinking one spring Sunday morning while skating at UConn and
watching BC warm up for a doubleheader out the west end of the rink that we
had better head over there to see the game.   Alas,  too soon after the
hockey season (indeed, UConn still had ice:-),  and he hadn't joined the
baseball team yet.

        -- Dick Tuthill