From:
"Tamara N. Pulley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 15:46:02 -0400
I haven't seen any posts since the rosters and schedule were put
out about the festival, but I thought I'd let you know what I've
found out in my on-line search for information. :-) (sounds like I'm
on a mission).  I checked out the web site for TV(=Prime) coverage
this year, but there was nothing along those lines. So, I checked my
TV guide, and I didn't see anything for ice hockey. Luckily, they had
an email account flash across the screen([log in to unmask]), so I wrote
to them. Result: according to the reply the only coverage planned is on
July 30(Sun) for the medal games.  So, we get NO coverage for ALL the other
games. This is very perturbing to me, considering last years broadcast
was well....pathetic-and they HAD regular games shown(even if they were
only clips, and not entire games).  I know Jack was on here, and I've
emailed him privately, discussing who to talk to to GET hockey shown,
but he didn't sound optimistic. Turns out he was right. Still, does
Prime have a REASON for not showing anything until the medal rounds(ie.
ratings for last years games)?

Anyway, except for flaming a tad out of frustration, has anyone else had
a different story in their area?  NESN and Sports Channel have the coverage
here in Boston-maybe some of you are having better luck?
---Tamara