From:
Eli Valk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 09:10:06 EDT
After watching about a minute of the Pens-Devils game last
night on the Deuce and hearing Sean McDonough make a reference
to Joe McEachern (sp?) hailing from BU, I wondered how the
rest of you feel he does both on the broadcasts and in
acknowledging college hockey in them.  Any comments?  How do
people think he compares to Mike Emerick?

I know that McDonough is somewhat biased towards Boston and
athletes either from there or who have played there, but I
also think he's a strong college sports fan.  I've seen him
at college hockey and college basketball games as a fan, not
just as an announcer.

As a SLU fan, I'll always remember him mentioning (during a Red
Sox broadcast last year!!) that the Sharks' Jamie Baker from SLU
had scored the winning goal in the Sharks 7th game play-off
victory over the Red Wings.  I thought that he might have been
getting carried away with that excessive reference, but I
thougt it was a telling gesture and I appreciated it just the same.

So, how about Sean?