From:
Brian Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 1995 11:35:55 -0400

> I heard today that the Bruins have fired Head Coach Brian Sutter.  This is
> not a surprise to me, and amazingly comes on the same day that the Celtics
> fired Chris Ford!!  Last night Greg and I were discussing the probable firing
> of both coaches, and were speculating about replacements.  Greg said there is
> only one person he wants to see coach the Bruins: Shawn Walsh.  Now, those of
> you who know Greg are also know that he is NOT a big fan of Shawn.  However,
> this season convinced him beyond a doubt of the man's ability to coach
> hockey.  The more I think about this, the more it intrigues me.  The Bruins
> definitely need to be shaken up, and what better guy to do it than Shawn
> Walsh.
>
> Just thought I'd stir up the pot a little after a long absence from Hockey-L.
>
> Karen Ambrose
> Go Red Sox!

Interesting thought, and not really an outlandish one.  The Bruins are not at
all opposed to hiring college head coaches.  BU Coach Jack Parker was offered
and turned down the B's coaching job in '91.  It's too bad Sutter was fired.
I thought that he was a good coach with a good team that needed 1 or 2 more
players to do well in the postseason.

Brian Gentry  BU'95
Go Terriers!