From:
"Breitner, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Breitner, Mike
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:00:00 CDT
I attended the American Collegiate Hockey Association's national meeting this
weekend in Chicago, and can tell you that on occasions, I was glad that
nobody had sticks in their hands.  :-)

In a surprising development, ACHA Executive Director Thomas Keegan resigned
on the evening prior to the meeting amid rumors of missing ACHA money and a
collapse of Athletic Guide Publishing (AGP), Keegan's personal business
responsible for printing the College Hockey Guide, among other publications.

The PAC-8 league president, with his attorney, presented 26 proxies from
ACHA teams, and proceeded to use them to vote for a new ACHA president, vice
president for division I, vice president for division II, and a treasurer.
Only the former ACHA secretary was re-elected.  Leo Golembiewski of the Univ.
of AZ Ice Cats was elected as the new president of the association.  Leo has
promised to move quickly to audit the association's finances and pursue legal
action against Keegan and AGP if necessary.

** As a side note to any ACHA team representatives on this list, Leo asks
that all correspondence be directed to:

     ACHA
     c/o Ice Cat Hockey Inc.
     Tanque Verde #246
     Tucson, AZ  85749
     (520) 749-5530

More on this situation as it develops.

Mike Breitner ([log in to unmask])              Commissioner
Northern State University                              CSCHL-II
Aberdeen, SD