From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 08:59:52 -0600
On Fri, 14 Apr 1995, Eric Rickin wrote:

> I was thinking: If a school gives you a scholarship for 4 years, but then
> you don't graduate (like Holzinger, Knuble, etc.) do you think that you
> should have to pay at least part of it back?

IMO if there is any exploitation going on it is by the schools who make
far more than the value of the scholarship back from the "student/athlete."
This is the dark side of big time college sports, although the exploition
is much more graphic for football and basketball.  But I doubt Red
Beronson is overly concerned about whether NHL bound players get a
degree.  He cares so little about his player's development he whines
whenever onE goes to the World Junior tournament, as discussed on this
list during that tournament.

I've got my flame jacket on :-)

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPS