From:
Jason Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 04:55:09 -0400
I just wanted to take a chance to publicly thank G.M. Finniss for his
hard work handling the tournament contest.  And to the originator of
college hockey's battling mascot pool selecting, thank you as well.

> Anyway, of the 123 entries in the standings, there were 2 perfect ones (both,
> not surprisingly, from people at BU).  Technically, the winner was decided by
> the first tiebreaker, but just to be safe, the winner also won the second tie-
> breaker, since the first- and second-place people were equidistant from the
> first tiebreaker (the number was 25, where the winner guessed 18 and
> the runner-up guessed 32 [LOWER beats HIGHER]).  So, the winner and the
> runner-up are:
>
>                                 JASON PATTON
>                                     and
>                                 MIKE BELLWIN

I just wanted to point out one more interesting note.  Both Mike and I
work in the WTBU Sports Department.  WTBU 89.3 FM & 640 AM does the
student radio broadcasts of Terriers hockey.  We made our picks
separately and this time the General Manager and former Sports Director
beat out the Sports Director.  But we wouldn't be in the limelight if it
weren't for the fact that our school happened to be the one of the
44 to make it all the way.

         |__   __|  |  __  |   Jason Patton  Boston University  SMG/COM '95
 |____|     | |     |  ____|   WTBU Play-By-Play Voice of Terriers Hockey
         |____|     |_|        WTBU 89.3 FM / 640 AM General Manager

                               http://ivory.lm.com:80/~donnpat/