Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 17:24:36 EDT
Not to continue the flame-war, but Mr. Shub incorrectly quoted me in his
post.  In fact, the only portion of his post which can be attributed to
me is the directly quoted material from the Maine Sunday Telegram.
I believe he meant to quote fellow Mainer Deron Treadwell.

As for Mr. Joubert's comments, I have no problem with what he thinks.
I object to his saying what he thinks in an international publication
when he could not possibly have all the facts concerning the NC$$
investigation, and therefore any statement by him is pure speculation;
the same as any statement by anyone who is not on the Committee, including
me...which is why I don't make any public predictions on the matter.
I thought it was irresponsible, and considering his value as a player and
his leadership qualities I thought it was unfortunate.

In the end, the decision will belong to the NCAA and no one else.
Anything that is said before their decision is speculation.

John Forsyth