From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1991 23:33:39 EST
The MTU Huskies played an excellent game tonight gaining a split with Wisconsin
 By a final Score of 5-1.  Jamie Ram had a great game in the net for the
 Huskies.  I don't have all the details here, but Jamie Steer had a goal and an
 assist and the freshman line scored one goal.  Senior Defenseman Darcy Martini
 Played what was probably the best game I've seen him play. In the third period
 his booming slapshot from the point was tipped by Davis Payne to put the game
 away.  Freshman Liam Garvey also had an excellent series and should be a solid
 performer in the MTU defense this season.  Playing to a full house the Huskies
 have given us a positive start to what should be an excellent season if they
 play with the confidence they played with tonight.

  The Huskies have next weekend off before playing a home and home series with
 Northern Michigan.  Northern tied Colorado Colledge 8-8 friday and at last
 check was beating CC 9-1 tonight.

|   Bob Gilreath                            [log in to unmask]       |
|   Telecommunications Engineer             [log in to unmask]                |
|   Computing Technology Services           Phone: work 906-487-2110    |
|   Michigan Technological University              Home 906-296-0989    |
|   Houghton, Michigan  49931               Fax:        906-487-2787    |