From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 10:44:37 -0700
Actually, I believe there are about 304 Div I hoop teams.  The reason I
know is that my current school just made the jump from DII and set the
record for the worst first year ever:  1-28!!  The one victory was over a
DIII team, and the average defeat was 30+ points.  So the hoops invite
about 1/5 of the teams.  1/5 of 40 ish is 8!  I would hesitate to vote for
16, even tho it makes for neater first rounds with no byes, as we would
likely have a losing record or two in there, and that would do no good for
hockey's popularity at the college level, IMHO.

Go BU!!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64
(If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!)