Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 12:48:17 EST
This is interesting,

----- Begin Included Message -----

Some recent goalie stats of interest

NJ Devils  Chris Terreri  1.99 GAA, 1-4-0 and 92.5% save average
Boston Br  Blaine Lacher  1.99 GAA, 8-2-1 and 92.0%

----- End Included Message -----

Identical stats, much different records. Of course, the Devils have little
offense. And while Blaine is being hailed as the next Dryden, Chris is back-up
to Martin Brodheur.

College hockey tie-in: Is it easier for a goal tender to make the jump from
college to Pros? After all, a save is a save is a save. Size is not an
issue. And you have a Pro defense in front of you.

On the other hand the Pros shoot harder, quicker, and there's more "action"
in front of the net.

Ken Kretsch             | "Coach, my Mom wants me to live for my Bar Mitzvah"
BU '79                  | "Goldberg, this is your Bar Mitzvah. Today you
[log in to unmask]        |  become a man!"