From:
Lemieux Crew <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lemieux Crew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 15:55:23 -0500
On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, David Blackburn wrote:

> No player on the ice can hear anything other than the game noises
> (whistles and other players) while play is occuring.
>
> Any player in a Division I hockey game is good enough to be focused
> on the ice.  That means s/he can NOT hear what is being yelled or
> played in the stands.  So although a band playing after the puck is

        While the part of the band may be true, I do know that the
players can hear the fans yelling at them.  Three reasons
1.  As Tom Askey was getting on the bench during the first BG-OSU matchup
after gettin yanked,  we yelled HEY ASKEY Know What?   and he turned his
head to look at us.  I will leave out what was said afterwards

2.  During the UAF-BG series our secion was chanting Schwork's (sp?) name
constantly due to his poor performance.  Anyways, at one point the ENTIRE
UAF bench was laughing and pointing at us for doing that.

3.  Again during the UAF series on Saturday night before a faceoff during
the third period when the drop occurs 20 feet away from us, we were
chanting and pointing at Curtis Fry and Brian Fish yelling FISH  -  FRY
FISH  - FRY and Brian Holzinger started laughing so hard that he left the
faceoff circle and you could see grins on mst of the players faces as
well.
So while during play they may not be able to hear anything While on the
ice they sure are not oblivious to noise.
I do know that I could hear people yelling things when I played but then
again I was no good............
Josh