Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 11:21:02 EST
Mike M writes:

at Mass Lowell 11, Yale 3 (NC)

[snip]

I did not see much of the Yale-UML game, but it sounded as if Bullock
had rolled up 1-4--5 through two periods to give him 41 pts overall at
that point.  I don't know what he did in the third.

A couple of other game notes:

Jeff Daw had his second hat-trick in three games, two of which were on the
power-play, adding to his school season-record for PPGs.

Scott Fankhouser played in net, and while not severly tested looked quite
confortable.  For a guy who's biggest problem seems to be his nerves, this
was a bit encouraging.

Dave Dartsch, while only scoring 1 goal (I believe, and I can't remember
how many, if any, assists), played what I thought was an excellent game.
Maybe his best since opening night vs. UMASS.

Paul Botto, the human penalty minute, only spent FOUR minutes in the box.
 (Two minors).  Coach Crowder said before the game that the team decided,
in a team meeting after the Northeastern game, to have a system in place
to "punish" stupid penalties.  Crowder said he looked at stats and noticed
that the games had lost, they had spent way too much time in the box.
(Sheesh, I could've told him that!!)  He was bothered that his four "best"
players (his quote, not mine), Greg Bullock, Christian Sbrocca, Botto, and
Ed Campbell had already more than 50 PPM apiece.  From now on, he said, if
anyone gets a 10-minute major, Bruce will not dress him the next game.
Similarly, anyone who gets a
"stupid/unnecessary/away-from-the-play/retaliation" penalty will sit for
the remainder of that game.  Bullock didn't seem to be picked on much by
Yale so it will be interesting to see if he can keep his temper in check
against teams that know how to bother him.

Yale didn't really show me much.

    - Steve

Steve Weisfeldt
Univ. of Lowell  1986, 1988                       Home of the 'Hawks!!
[log in to unmask]                          5-4-1 [1] (9-9-3)