From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 15:35:32 -0500
I just read the Globe article by Todd Archer about the BU-UNH game last
night.  The are two *huge* errors:

        1) Junior Jay Pandolfo hadtwo first periof assists in his first game
since
        returning from a stomach muscle injury.

Pandolfo returned to action on 2 December at Maine.  He has played in 7
games, icluding last night and has 4 goals and 9 assists for 13 points.

        2) Freshman goalie Tom Noble answered the call for his first
critical Hockey
        East win.

Noble won his first Hockey East game on 4 November when he relieved Derek
Herlofsky vs UMass Lowell at BU.  This was his third Hockey East win, as he
also won vs UMass Amherst at BU on 19 November.

I am getting very tired of the Globe sending ill-informed (and likely
non-hockey, let alone college hockey) reporters to cover college hockey
games.  Then again, if the reporters *read* (assuming they *can* read) what
information the BU Sports Information Office gave them, they would know how
many games Pandolfo has played in or Hockey East wins Noble has.

I'm done venting my spleen for now.  :-)

Sean Pickett
Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East Champions!