From:
Jim Luttinen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 91 11:36:38 -0500
I hope I have everything correct.  Other Wisconsin people can correct
me if I'm wrong.

>  1. team name and arena name and location.
Wisconsin Badgers, Dane County Colliseum, Madison Wisconsin.

>   2. individual game ticket prices.
$8 for students, $9 for general public, as of last year.  I don't know
if the prices are going up this year or not.

>   3. season ticket prices.
Right now there is a waiting list for season tickets.  I expect that
they are $9 per game.  You can only get tickets for 1 game of each series
with the season tickets.  Thus season tickets are for about 10 games each
year.  I think they give a pretty decent discount for students, about $6
per game.

>   4. availability info (are some types of ticket always/often sold out?
Tickets are pretty hard to come by for Badger games.  If you get to the
arena before the game you can usually find scalpers selling tickets.  The
colliseum seets about 7700 people, and it's sold out for almost every game.
WCHA games are harder to get into than non-conference games.  Tickets are
usally available for non-conference games.  Any extra tickets (like ones
returned from the opponent) go on sale to students on Monday and Tuesday
before the game.  Anything left goes on sale to the general public on
Wednesday.  You can only buy tickets in person, if I remember right.  No
phone orders.

>   5. the ticket office telephone number.
(608) 262-1440.  This is the ticket office for the Athletic Department, not
just for hockey games.

>   7. directions to arena or any other information you'd care to give.
Take the 12-18 West exit off of I-90 south of Madison, and follow it to
John Nolen drive.  The colliseum is right there.

Jim