From:
Antony Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Antony Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 1994 23:40:43 -0500
I totally agree with you, Greg.  As for other instances of "post-title
syndrome", Harvard had some mediocre campaigns after winning the national
championship in 1989 (when they posted a 30-3 record).  Mike Milbury
actually commented during the Harvard-Brown broadcast about how players
are put under tremendous pressure when their team is always expected to
be at or near the top.  But this is not just an RPI phenomena.  These
expectations also tend to mess with one's perspective.  Sure, RPI may
have lost to Army, but don't forget that they also sport a 5-0 record in
ECAC play!

Tony
H '94-5
GO CRIMSON!!