From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 14:32:08 -0500
Yesterday, I received my first issue of U.S. College Hockey Magazine.  It
was dated Nov. 12, 1994, which is a little late, but I thought it was an
interesting magazine.  For those of you who were think of subscribing,
this is what was in the issue:

Cover article on J.P. McKersie

An interview with Jerry York, Boston College's new coach (formerly coach
for Bowling Green State University

Season previews for each Div. I conference (approximately 2-3 pages on
each conference)

a column on in-line skating (this was about stopping techniques)

an editorial on the changes the NCAA has made in tournament-selection rules

a column called, "The Player's Perspective," written by Steve McKell (a
defenseman for the University of Vermont) - this will run throughout the
season -- he talks about being a college athlete and whether it would be
better to play junior hockey

a column, Hobey Watch, that gives a little background on the award
(future columns will focus on candidates)

news items, such as new coaches and the HE scoring for shootouts

The entire issue is 30 pages and has a few color and quite a few black &
white photographs.

I thought it was a pretty interesting magazine, although the news items
weren't any real news to anybody who's subscribed to Hockey-L.  Because I
went to Bowling Green I know a little about the CCHA, but I'm still
learning about the other leagues, so I found the previews interesting and
I liked the article on J.P. McKersie and the interview of Jerry York.

Carol