From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 16:30:34 EST
Going into the weekend Mike made reference to Maine potentially pulling away
from the pack if BU and NU split (as they did).  Maine didn't sweep so the rest
are still in striking distance, roughly a win and a half out in front.  But
what I find interesting, and what I don't recall Mike mentioning, is that
they've forged this advantage while playing 8 of their 9 games away from home!
(If Mike *did* mention this then I'm sorry for being brain-dead and wasting
people's time.)  Out of Maine's remaining 18 Hockey East games, 12 are at
home.  Additionally, 4 out of their 6 HE games have been against
the consensus top teams: 1 against BU, 1 against NU, and 2 against UNH.  So
they haven't just been beating up on the weaker teams.

DaveH