From:
Tarkington McMains <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tarkington McMains <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 1994 17:09:52 -0500
The three incomming freshman got a lot of ice time in the exhibition game last
night and I though I would throw out some comments.  The three new members of
the team are: Jason Dailey (D) Ryan Smart (F) and Jason Elliott (G).

Jason Dailey has some nice hits in the game, but I noticed he was taking
himself out of the play to make the hit.  I remember one occasion where he made
the hit at center ice, the play got by him, and he was in no mans land.  Also
one of the penalty kills, he has his back to the play for a good ten seconds,
and a mad with the puck walk in right behind him.  I say with some experience
he could be a good addition to the bid red D.

Ryan Smart had very little impact on the game, and after all I heard about him
last year, I was not impressed.  He was switch linemates though-out the night,
and looked like he was a bit off with them, but that should change (I hope).
He had a few nice moves, but never could complete them.

Jason Elliott played whole game in the net, and was impressive.  He was over
shadowed by the play of Wilfrid Laurier's goalie, and didn't face too many
shots, but overall he played well.  He has a very quick
glove, and I though by the esecond period he was doing a good job of
communicating with his D, and getting them the puck.  He stopped the penalty
shot, but did get burnt high on a breakaway at the end of the game.  On
both he did a good job of coming out to cut donw the angle, and waiting for
the attacker to make the first move.

Here's hoping for better luck to the red in the future!

Tark McMains  --  Cornell University

Sharkin' it up 1994 -- Let's Go Red!