From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 1994 12:47:19 GMT
I would just like to add a couple of comments to Mike's, which hit
right on the mark.

From RPI's perspective, something is wrong on the offensive side of the
puck.  I can not put my finger on it, and I think neither can many other
people.  The Engineers have only scored 4 goals against Div I opponents
in the last 14 periods dating back to the Clarkson game at Lake Placid.

Even worse yet, the Engineers have not scored a power play goal against
a Div I opponent since the 3rd game of the ECAC quaterfinals against
Union.  They have gone a combined 0-32 since then.  0-3 in Unionsince
their last goal, 00-7 against Clarkson, 0-2 against Harvard, 0-7 against
UNH, 0-13 against BU and Merrimack.

Youth was very evident, especially on defense, as Merrimack continually out
muscled the Engineers in the corners and along the boards as BU did on
Friday evening.

Injuries for the Engineers at Merimack occurred to Jeff Brick and Pat
Brownlee.  Brownlee somewhere in the 1st period, and Brick in the 2nd.
Not sure what their prognosis is.  Jeff Matthews is still out with a
sprained knee, but hopes to get back on the bike this week.

I want to echo Mark Cornforth's play for Merrimack.  Without him, the
Warriors are a different team.  He leads them inspirationally and on
the ice.  I totally believe that if he had not taken a 10 minute
misconduct, the Warriors would have been victorious.

One other note, Volpe was balmy yesterday, 14 degress celsius for the
entire afternoon.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *