From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 1994 17:32:57 -0400
Anyone know what the latest scoop on RPI's contemplation about
moving to Hockey East?

The potential move is intriguing. On the one hand, I'm sure that Hockey
East's television contract with NESN is certainly a big factor in the
decision. Also, the fact that the ECAC does not market or promote itself
whatsoever and that the ECAC is perceived as the "fourth" conference.
But there would seem to be some down sides, as well. First off, I'm not
sure how happy the alumni would be. It seems that RPI has some big
rivalries in the ECAC that they might not want to lose. Also, it would
seem that, by moving to Hockey East, that they would be effectively shifting
their recruiting base east. I have a hard time picturing RPI convincing
many New Englanders to go there instead of BU or Maine. Interesting...

| Bri Farenell                             |  ADIRONDACK RED WINGS             |
| [log in to unmask]         |  1993-94 AHL Northern Div. Champs |
| Glens Falls HS '91    Clarkson Univ. '95 |  The Drive for 5 (Calder Cups)    |
| AHL and NCAA contact for rec.sport.hockey|  '81  '86  '89  '92  '94?         |
   EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS: Bruins tied with Patrick Roy, 3 games to 3.
         "It's a great day for hockey."         ---Bob Johnson