From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 91 17:54:30 EST
Erik writes:
>I have no intention of defending coach Woog's comments, but I must point out
>that Minnesota's three toughest games, against the Canadian National Team (2)
>and Dynamo Riga, did not count in determining the NCAA seedings.

    Right, but they didn't count towards the 38-game limit either.  Minnesota
    still had the opportunity to schedule two, maybe three more games (they
    played Toronto in the Forum in December).  Those could have been with
    strong opponents.  BC, Maine, BU, and PC are four highly ranked teams that
    had at least one extra game to schedule this season.  (I know that
    Minnesota also played BC in the Forum.)

    - mike