From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 00:20:15 -0500
Bri Farenell asked me where Maine would have finished in HE without
forfeits.  This seemed like something that might interest some people,
so I am posting the answer.  I wasn't sure if he meant without the
Tardif forfeits only or without any forfeits at all, so below are 3
sets of HE standings: 1) official (with both sets of forfeits), 2)
without Tardif forfeits but with Tory forfeits, 3) without any forfeits
at all.  Only the teams, records and points are necessary here.

HOCKEY EAST OFFICIAL FINAL STANDINGS
1 BU           21-3-0  42
2 Mass Lowell  14-6-4  32
3 UNH          13-9-2  28
4 Northeastern 10-8-6  26
5 Providence    9-13-2 20
6 BC            7-12-5 19
7 Merrimack     8-14-2 18
8 Maine         3-20-1  7

HE STANDINGS WITHOUT TARDIF FORFEITS
1 BU           19-4-1  39
2 Mass Lowell  12-6-6  30
3 UNH          11-11-2 24
  Northeastern  9-9-6  24
5 Maine         9-11-4 22
6 Providence    9-13-2 20
7 BC            7-12-5 19
8 Merrimack     6-16-2 14

HE STANDINGS WITHOUT ANY FORFEITS
1 BU           19-4-1  39
2 Mass Lowell  12-6-6  30
3 Maine        12-8-4  28
4 UNH          11-11-2 24
  Northeastern  9-9-6  24
6 BC            7-12-5 19
7 Providence    6-16-2 14
  Merrimack     6-16-2 14

Tiebreakers: UNH and Northeastern would have been equal in the first
tiebreaker, head-to-head (1-1-1).  UNH would win the second, league
wins.  Providence would win the first tiebreaker over Merrimack,
head-to-head (2-1-0).
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93