From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 1994 18:16:15 -0500
Well, without going into a huge discussion (or is it too late?) :-), the
regional sites were adopted in 1992, after the east had sent 3 teams to the
final four in each of the previous two years.  I doubt the move to regional
sites was made to help the east.

Also, I like crossover, just not the way it was done this year for $$$$.

It is only with crossover that we get a better picture (and better arguments)
of which region is better on a particular year.

1990 - 3 of 4 from East.  (2 of 'em Hockey East)
1991 - 3 of 4 from East.  (2 of 'em Hockey East)
1992 - 4 of 4 from West.  (2 WCHA, 2 CCHA)
1993 - even - YET - (2 Hockey East, 2 CCHA)
(even though 3 ECAC and 4 WCHA teams had made it)

These present wonderful topics of conversation, even better than little white
ceramic dalmations :-).  It is only with crossover that we get an idea of which
leagues and regions have more top teams on a given year.  (last year, HE was
not as strong top-to-bottom as they were in '92, but last year's Maine and BU
teams were better than Maine and UNH of the previous year)

I like cross-over, but not with $$$ as a primary consideration.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre

Lowell deserved better