From:
"G.M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 17:30:00 EST
Thanks to those who reminded me:  Harvard won the ECAC regular season crown in
1992 and did not qualify for the tournament.  (I took the BG stat from Neil
Koepke's article in today's Lansing State Journal on Colorado College.  I
should have known better to check [esp. if Neil writes it] before posting it.
Mea culpa.)

Since I was sort of intersted in it, I painstakingly (well, it didn't hurt that
bad) found out the records of the 12 qualifiers for the tournament against any
of the other 11 that they may have played during the season, including holiday
tournaments and postseason play.  Not surprisingly, the conference champions
have the best records.  Make of the list what you will.

                        RECORDS VS. OTHER TEAMS IN THE TOURNEY
                                W       L       T
Michigan                       11       3       0
Harvard                         3       1       0
Minnesota                       5       2       0
Boston University              11       5       0
New Hampshire                   6       6       2
RPI                             3       3       0
Massachusetts-Lowell            5       7       1
Michigan State                  5       7       1
Lake Superior State             4       6       2
Western Michigan                3       7       1
Northeastern                    3       8       3
Wisconsin                       1       5       0

Subtract these numbers from the records of each team to figure out how they
did against the "also-rans" (no offense intended to anyone).

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?