From:
"John H. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John H. Hughes
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 09:26:56 -0800
> ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 1994...A DATE THAT WILL LIVE IN

I was going to post this same sentiment.  Out here in Northern California we
had continuous coverage from 11:00am to 8:30pm: CCHA final, HE final, WCHA
final.  Add to that Wayne Gretzky tying Gordie Howe's NHL goal scoring record
at the San Jose Arena (also on TV) it was a hockey couch potato's dream, but
since it was such a nice day I let the VCR roll and played a few hours of
roller-hockey with the neighborhood kids.

I do have two questions after watching the tape last night.

What does the "C" on Dwayne Roloson's uniform mean?  Is it just honorary,
because I thought that goalies couldn't be captains.

Are those Minnesota uniforms replicas of some old Minnesota team?  If not,
hold a garage sale ASAP.  They looked ancient and don't a candle to those
St. Cloud uniforms (Cst on front).  Of course the similarity to Montreal's
uniforms gives them instant appeal to someone who was a Habs fan in his youth.

-John Hughes
Santa Clara, CA