From:
"John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John R. Nash
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 01:06:58 -0600
Hi all, just thought I'd add my 'color commentary' to the good summaries of
the WCHA games this weekend.

Wisconsin-St.Cloud State:       A great game that featured outstanding
goaltending on both sides, and many "missed chances."  As a Badger fan, it
was agonizing to watch the last two SCSU goals come as a direct result of
dumb plays by the WI defense in their own end.  Where was the SCSU band?
Seive, seive....

Tech-Minnesota:        As has been said, MTU simply ran out of gas.  The
Gophs are fast, and the Huskies were in no position to skate with them.
Jamie Ram could only do so much.  I will say that that's the earliest I've
ever seen a goalie pulled in a game.  Goldy the Gopher proved a better
wrestling partner for the MTU ferret-like Husky than the Wildcat was.  The
Husky also got a roar from the crowd and a cold stare from the victim as he
lifted the skirt of one of the Minnesota cheerleaders with his hockey
stick.  Such animals....

Wisconsin-Tech:         Over quickly.  I was glad they put in Caravaggio,
so I could yell "seive" with a clear conscience.  No Husky at this game --
either he was too hung over or he was given a game suspension for flirting
with a gopher cheerleader....   Of note is that eight different Badgers
scored, and the special teams looked good.

Minnesota-St. Cloud State:      A classic game.  Both teams played
extremely well.  Moen looked shaky in net, juggling a lot of pucks, but you
can't argue with the results.  Sjerven was amazing again, and coach Woog
went immediately over to him to congratulate him on his stellar performance
after the game was over -- a classy move.  The crowd was very into it,
considering that there were two Minnesota teams on the ice (we all rooted
for SCSU, for the most part).  The intensity on the ice was apparent, and
those who gave up their championship tix after the Badgers lost on Friday
missed a great game of hockey.  An interesting note is that I could pick up
Prime's broadcast directly on my walkman, in the low-frequency AM,
including live-mike rehearsals of promos and comments by the commentators
that weren't broadcast to the outside world.  Hmmm....

Based on what I've seen and know, I feel that UMinn, UWisc, CC, and SCSU
should get NCAA bids.  By the time this is posted, I'll know whether they
did....

Drop the puck!  Let the dance begin!
        -john nash

-===-John R. [log in to unmask] Chem. Dept-===-