From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 1994 17:08:37 -0500
I really don't know how to start this note, so if it sounds rough, I apologize.

I have never been so proud to be a BU fan.

Now I know that the BU crowds of '90 were bigger, and '91 were louder, but,
last night, I witnessed (and participated) in something that made me proud to
be a BU graduate.

After a GREAT game in which BU won the '94 Hockey East title, the two teams,
BU and Lowell gethered on the ice.  After celebrating the victory, one which
came in spite of a superb performance in goal by Lowell goaltender Dwayne
Roloson, the BU crowd did something that made me smile.

I yelled out to Lowell from the BU mob that we would see them in Albany.
Then, the BU crowd began to chant, "Rollie, Rollie, Rollie, Rollie."

The BU crowd then joined the Lowell crowd in chanting, "UML, UML, UML, UML."

The crowd alternated between chanting, "GO BU," "Rollie," and, "UML," depending
on the situation.

Some people screamed out that Rollie had played a great game, Lowell had played
a great game, or that Lowell should make it 2 Hockey East teams in the Final
Four.

After a great game like that, the BU crowd may not be as big or as loud as they
used to be, but I am far more proud of this crowd than I have ever been of a BU
crowd.  I am proud to be a part of a group of people who showed such class.

I don't mean to toot my own crowd's horn, but I am just so proud of what
occured last night.

To the BU people out there, please keep it up.  It is THIS type of thing which
will stick in people's minds in years to come.

One very proud former Ogre...

Tony  BU'92'93