Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 1994 13:34:04 EST
Two corrections to earlier posts.

It would appear that (this is going to shock you all) the NC$$ madea
mistake in determining the begin date for Maine's forfeitures to begin.
As noted above, it should be October 22 and not November 22 as was
reported by the NC$$, and appeared in the newspapers this AM. Probably
only a clerical error, but then again, human error is why we are talking
about this mess and not what a shame its going to be to see Lively Snively
retired tonight.

Second correction.  I meant to post this earlier but it slipped my mind.
In a post I made earlier this week I said that UMaine had changed their
requirements last fall for full-time course loads for graduate students
from 9 to 6 per semester.  I got that information from a Portland Press
Herald article, and thought it was important because, as the paper pointed
out in the article, prior to the change, Carville and the rest of the
athletic dept. would not have had to worry about the NC$$ requirement of
8 since Maine's requirement was stricter than the NC$$'s.  However, a
graduate student at UMaine informed me that the requirement has not
changed, and that it has been 6 for at least the past 3 years.
This takes away Carville's "excuse", whichI should point out, was not
mentioned by him, but by the paper. He himself said in a memo that this
was his mistake, and made no excuse for it.I'll make an attempt this
weekend to track down that article and ask the PPH about their story.
If I get any answers I'll let you know.

One other note about returning Olympians, I believe that Darby Hendrickson
is thinking of returning to (Minnesota?), and on "College Hockey USA" which
aired on NESN last night, they showed a picture of the locker room where
his coach has his jersey hanging in hopes he will return.

John Forsyth