From:
Phil Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:45:13 -0500
>[log in to unmask] wrote:

Wayne/Craig  and Company:

It is really interesting that this subject has come up.  As a long
time season ticket holder here at UND (N otre Dame) I have a puck
collection of a number of the DI Schools here on the wall of my
office.  My season tickets are next to one of the University
Provost's who is a avid hockey fan.  When UND (North Dakota) played
us here I asked the equipment manager if he had any of their pucks
with him that I could purchase.  He said yes but would not sell it to
me.  When I took it back to my seat the Provost was SHOCKED to see
the block "ND" on the puck.  I took it to her office on Monday and we
met with the ND Counsels office where to both our surprises  we found
out that North Dakota actually rents it from Notre Dame!!  It is also
interesting to note that there are differences in the way it is shown
at North Dakota.  The main difference is that there are no lines
separating the ND.  In the Notre Dame version the lines are there and
they definitely define the two letters.

There now you know the rest of the story.....

Best regards to the list.  Any one who has DI school pucks that hey
would like to donate please contact me offline.

Phil Bennett
Business Manager--Department  Chemistry and Biochemistry
University of Notre Dame
574/631-7341